Thursday, September 22, 2011

Argan Oil!

It's almost the weekend! WOO HOOO!!!! I'm taking a break from painting my cake toppers to talk about Argan Oil. But, before I do that, wanna see my progress on the wedding topper? OK!!!
This is just the first coat, and there are a lot of details still missing, but I am glad I've gotten this far already.

Anyway, back to the oil talk.
Argan Oil: It's rich in vitamins E and F, fatty acids, antioxidants, and a bunch of other awesome things that benefit your hair. It leaves it smooth, shiny, and healthy. It helps prevent split ends, and there are also claims that it has hair growing powers. I mean, yeah my hair has been growing faster than normal, BUT I've also been taking prenatals, (for the hair growth, I'm not preggers), and I haven't been dying my hair since my engagement to keep it nice and healthy, so I can't really say if that last statement is true. Regardless, what I do know is my hair is truly healthier, shinier, and smoother.

So, I will no introduce some of my favorite Argan Oil products. Let's start with the original:
Moroccan Oil: $40.00
Yeah, you read right. This stuff is expennnnsive. But, I have purchased a small travel size bottle for $15 that lasted about 3 months, so obviously this stuff does go a long way. I originally purchased this for the simple fact that it claims to make the hair drying a faster experience. It DOES. I wouldn't say half of the time, but a significant notice in blow drying time has been cut down from it. Oh, and it smells so yummy! I have also used this on my arms on a really dry day. Argan oil is GREAT for your skin.

Next up, a more affordable treatment:
Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Styling Treatment: $14.99
One of the more affordable versions of the original is this little gem here. Sexy hair products have not always been my favorite, mainly because there was nothing that validated the high prices for me. I have a teasing come that cost me a dollar that can give me volume, know what I'm sayin'? Ok, so it's probably just me, whatever, but then they started getting on the healthy hair ball, I was curious. I first found this product at a local beauty supply store, and they were selling the mini .85oz bottles for about a dollar fifty. Ummm, that's a no brainer, I got 3. It also contains soy, might I add. The smell isn't as great as Moroccan Oil, but it does keep my hair shiny and smooth. No faster hair drying, though. Overall, I would choose this item over Moroccan oil, because I am a cheapo. Moving on...


Organix Moroccan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner: $7 EACH!
My newest find in the Argan Oil family was this stuff. Ok, can I just say that this is probably the BEST drug store shampoo and conditioner EVER INVENTED? I think I just said that. This stuff smells sweet and clean, its SULFATE FREE, it has Argan Oil (obviously,) andddd it's CHEAP! I love cheap! I have purchased $25 dollar a bottle shampoos plenty of times, and I would totally go for this instead. It just agrees with my hair. For serious. Oh, and btw, SULFATE FREE means that the shampoo will not strip your hair of it's natural oils, or it's color if you dye your hair. That's just one of the reasons why I get sulfate free when I can.

Speaking of shampoo, I need to go use some. It's been 3 days since my last wash, I'm totally due. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment