Thursday, April 19, 2012

We have a winner!

Congratulations to Carrie M. for winning my bag-o-beauty!!!! I hope you enjoy your prize!
In honor of the winner being announced, I will be talking about the gloss that Carrie won; The Balm Plump lipgloss.

I love this because it has the feel of Bare Mineral's Buxom lipgloss, but not over-cooling, if you know what I mean. My favorite Buxom is Dolly,


 but I can't wear it as much as I'd like to because sometimes, I don't want freezing lips. I started using The Balm's version in Pink My Lemonade,
 and I've gotta say, it's so much more comfortable wearing. Cooling, yes, but not overly done. I can wear it on a cold day, is what I'm saying.
 Now, they're not the exact same color, but both are very neutral for all day, everyday wear. The color in the giveaway bag was Tutti My Frutti





I compare this shade to MAC's Nymphette, which is a pinky-gold. A little lighter than my Pink My Lemonade, but flattering on most skin colors. And, a great color for Spring!

Anyway, since we're talking about glosses, I wanted to also share a great dupe to a limited edition MAC gloss from back in the day. Does anyone remember the Lipglass called Chance Encounter?


It is THE BEST cherry red, non-shimmery gloss I've ever used. It's the kind of gloss that country boys sing in country songs (why are they always talking about cherry lipgloss?!?!) It was launched in I believe 2007 for the Nocturnelle collection. No, I am not that gross, it's been sealed in my makeup box for years before I used it. The first time it was cracked open was sometime in 2010. DON'T JUDGE ME!
So, it's almost gone. Sad face. I was on a mission to find a great dupe for it. I tried everything, with no success, until now.

In Vegas recently, I went to Sephora, and while my dear husband waited no-so-patiently, I swatched about 5 red glosses on my hand. I left the store empty handed, but ended up buying Bare Mineral's new Cream Buxom in Cherry Flip.

SOURCE
It's a perfect match! And, it's huge! WOO HOO! Thank you, Bare Minerals. I will put up with the over cooling of the lips for this color.



1 comment:

  1. I kinda love you right now....cause I love every single one of those glosses! Great taste!

    Tracy
    Dear life from a mom of boys

    ReplyDelete