Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My "Natural" Look- DIY Board teaser & My feature on somethingturquoise.com

Hello loves! So for a few weeks now, I have been wanting to do something about the abundance of cosmetics I have. My makeup box is literally THROWING UP makeup. LOOK AT THIS!!!

This is not even HALF of what I own. This is probably about 15%, in fact. Using everything I own can be an issue, especially when you forget about stuff you own, like eyeshadows or blushes. If you're anything like me, you get bored of the same look, and want to change it up. It makes it easier to do that when you have everything out and in sight, and organized.

Thanks to the magic of Pinterest, I came across an awesome DIY project. Of course I pinned it, but like most pins, you kind of leave it there and forget about it.

Then, today, as I was at work, my friend Ellie who is a majorly crafty person (check out her awesome blog HERE) and I were talking about my stash. She asked "WHY do you need so much in the first place?!" and I said, "Lady, my natural look consists of 4 DIFFERENT LIP PRODUCTS, that's why!"

Oh boy... did reality hit. Seriously, 4 lip products for my "natural" look?! Granted, I wear more than the average woman. What can I say, I'm a makeup artist fo' life. So anyway, after realizing that the amount of product I own will not be tampered with, I have decided to make this board. It is pretty much a magnetic frame that will hold my shadows, blushes and misc. items that I will stick a magnet to. When we finish the final product, I will make sure to post it here.

So back to my natural look. What I wore today totalled 14 items:
Moisturizer- (Super By. Dr. Perricone)
Primer (Super by Dr. Perricone)
Eye Cream (Super by Dr. Perricone)
Cream eyeshadow (Urban Decay- color: Rehab)
Mascara (Maybelline- The Falsies Volum' Express in Very Black)
Tinted Moisturizer (Dermalogica in Light)
Concealer (Studio Fix Fluid, which I use as a concealer, even though it's a foundation. NC 30)
Mineral Powder (Bare Minerals in Med. Beige)
Eyebrow filler (Taupe powder, Trucco)
Blush (Coastal Scents in Redwood, a warm mauve)
and finally, lips-
Lip Primer (Skin Medica Lip Renewal)
Lipstick (MAC's Vegas Volt)
2nd Lipstick (MAC's Ravishing)
Lipgloss (Urban Decay's Lip Junkie in Midnight Cowboy)

PHEWWWW!

Here was my end result:


See, for me, this is the most comfortable I can be without packing on the color. I have very dark under eye circles, pale skin, and no pigmentation on my lips. Many woman feel that I have the gift of applying makeup well, but I feel as though woman have an advantage over me, being able to feel comfortable enough to not have to wear makeup daily.
Truly natural and the option to take it or leave it is the real gift.



On another note, I wanted to share my wedding feature from somethingturquoise.com
I was lucky enough to have this feature done last Saturday, and I was so flattered that Jen picked our wedding!
Here's the direct link:
It's awesome to have all of our hard work recognized :)

That's all for now! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment