Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gel nail DIY and Nail Appliques

I loveeee doing my nails. I love getting creative with them, and wearing fun, funky colors. I also like to change it up quite a bit. But, not daily. And, unfortunately for me, my nail polish chips within HOURS of a nail polish application. It's so frustrating! I've purchased all the good brands, (OPI, Zoya, Butter London AND Essie all go to shiz immediately!) So, I've invested in a UV light, and a Gelac kit.
SOURCE
I love this kit! All of the colors are GORGEOUS and it is sooo easy to use!
So, last night I decided to get a little creative, and using Gelac's Blue Suede gel, and some other colors, I came up with this:

You'll notice my ring and thumb are a different color. That is IBD's Sultry Soul, a pot gel lacquer. There is a reason I have not raved about that one. It peeled completely off (ALL nails that I applied it on) within hours. I woke up this morning with 2 little purple nail gels on my pillow HA HA!
The glitter I used was by Sinful Color, in Frenzy, which is a purple and blue glitter mix.
I was so pissed off at all 4 nails that had the purple falling off that I threw that pot away. What crap! Luckily, I got it for free, so no harm.
Back to Gelac. It's so easy to use. 2 coats of color, leaving them under the UV light about 2 min. each time, plus 1 top coat under the UV light, at about 5 minutes, and you've got yourself awesome nails.

I've had to re-do my nails today since it looked weird having 4 bare nails while the rest were blue, so I just painted them all blue:
MUCH better. This will last about a week, and start to peel off. That is perfect for me. I can't commit to blue for longer than that!

I got my UV light from Ebay, and paid about 20 bucks for it. The Gelac kit was purchased on Amazon, for about the same amount. When you think about it, you're paying about $20 for a gel manicure a pop, so this is for sure a steal.

Another thing I use is nail appliques. Butter London have the CUTEST designs!

I am saving the Give/Take nails for Vegas next month, and plan on putting a Gelac clear top coat to make sure they last (The package says they're only good for like 2 days.)

My nail appliques of preference these
Not only do these stay on for about a week, but there is also enough to do your toes! AND they last about a month on your toes! So awesome, and so easy.

Lastly, please for the love of all that is holy, do NOT order nail appliques from fabulousnails.com. I'm still waiting for an order placed in early December to come, and there is NO way to get a hold of customer service. They simply will not reply. I was pretty much ripped off, and am working on getting my money back. Grrrr...


No comments:

Post a Comment